HSPA offers the Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) certification, which is designed to recognize individuals who have demonstrated the experience, knowledge and skills necessary to provide competent services as a Central Service Technician. Sterile Processing in Philadelphia is a booming fast pace career why not start now.
The CRCST Certification is accredited by both the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
ANSI NCCA BW 2017
The CRCST certification course goals are as follows:
1. Understand critical concepts and procedure of sterilization.
3. Demonstrate ability to learn repetitive processes.
4. Preparation to sit for CRCST certification exam.
This CRCST course is designed to maximize your learning experience before sitting for the CRCST certification exam. The objective of this course is to introduce you to the role of the sterile processing technician and how it relates to the success of patient care.
• Provide you with a working knowledge of a Central Sterile Processing Department and the departments that it serves.
• Integrate and apply the knowledge accumulated in this course to an externship and/or job
• Introduce you to standard instrumentation, along with complex surgical instruments and what they are used for.
• Expose you to many working professionals with expertise in Laparoscopic and Endoscopic procedural instruments, Orthopaedic Trauma instruments, plates and screws,
• to provide you with a interactive and visual experience that will bring the world of sterile processing to life.
• Prepare you for the HSPA (Healthcare Sterile Processing Association) International certification exam – this is the primary objective of the course
By the end of the semester, you will be proficient in:
1. Identifying basic surgical instruments.
2. Describe the cycle of sterile processing from point of use to sterility.
3. Understand the “how” and “why” concerning sterilization practices.
4. Understand basic sterility protocol established by AAMI standards.
5. Develop teamwork, and diversity of skills through interactive labs and class discussions.
6. Retain course curriculum to sit for and pass the certification exam!!!!!!!!!!